Senior Corporate Paralegal
- Job Reference: 106375693-2
- Date Posted: 18 September 2019
- Recruiter: Capitol Recruiters Inc.
- Location: Washington, Washington DC
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: MARKET/commensurate with experience.
- Sector: Paralegals
- Job Type: Permanent
Senior Corporate Paralegal for prominent global law firm in Washington, DC. This position is responsible for assisting with corporate transactions such as venture formations, foreign qualifications, reinstatements, acquisitions, mergers, withdrawals, dissolutions and stock issuance transactions.
Some of the duties for this position include:
Assist with some SEC filings including Form D filings, Confidential Treatment requests and Registration Statements; proofread agreements; create/revise drafts of transactional documents; provide pre-closing, closing and post-closing assistance, including: prepare closing sets, closing memorandum and closing documents; order certified charters, good standing certificates, tax status certificates; coordinate filings, stock and wire transfers; organize Statements of Work, and other common technical, business and operations exhibits; assist with IP searches, including domain registration and related title searches for copyrights, patents and trademarks, as well as litigation searches; coordinate IP diligence in support of transactions; compile, analyze and summarize information; conduct corporate, securities, IP, and related legal and business research using Westlaw, and Lexis/Nexis; assist with other projects and duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree is a plus
• Must have at least 5 years of transactional paralegal experience at a large law firm in-house corporate legal department
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills required
• Proven analytical, organizational and trouble-shooting skills
• Strong research skills with fluency utilizing Westlaw, LexisNexis, SEC/EDGAR and other financial services and legal research tools and services.
Flexibility for overtime, and occasional travel as needed. Salary is commensurate with experience.