Your new company
An award winning international company focusing on luxury consumer goods in Europe & China welcoming over 42 million guests in 2018.
Your new role
The Legal Manager oversees the legal function on site. The Legal Manager will be responsible for reviewing and monitoring changes in EU, national, regional and local legislation and must keep all Oxfordshire site teams up to date with the current position. The role will also include but will not be limited to duties like:
- Liaise with the Group Legal and Development Executive to manage external lawyers for commercialisation/leasing programme.
- Support Group Legal and Development Executive and Commercialisation/Leasing Team in the negotiation process of licences and know-how and services agreements for candidate Brands and restaurants.
- Prepare draft and final contractual documentation, brand terms sheets, approval sheets, and management sign off procedures in conjunction with the Group Legal and Development Executive and legal counsel.
- Update financial terms database and intranet.
- Follow up on outstanding post-signature matters with Brands.
- Assist with update of standard documentation and preparation of new editions.
- Participate in Brand Compliance Group and provide advice.
- Update and be responsible for Brand compliance processes, follow up, and documentation.
- Draft correspondence and notices to Brands.
- Assist with Brand audit process.
- Assist in managing all legal issues relating to shop-fit.
Internal Relations and Support
- Support Commercialisation, Retail, Operations, Marketing and Accounting Teams on all legal issues.
- Advise on any issues which may give rise to litigation such as insolvency arrears or potential breaches of licences and know-how and services agreements..
- Participate in Retail, Commercialisation, and Marketing Overview Meetings.
- Support and assist on any issues arising from construction when requested.
- Liaise with Director of Corporate, Legal and Finance and Administration Manager on corporate issues, including the preparation of board minutes, powers of attorney, company corporate transactions etc.
- Liaise with Director of Corporate, Legal and Finance and Banking Administration Team regarding banking relationships, including reporting and compliance obligations.
- Liaise with Director of Corporate, Legal, and Finance and Administration Manager on insurance issues.
- Liaise with colleagues to manage and protect Value Retail intellectual property, which includes trademarks, copyrights, and word marks.
- Monitor correct usage of Brand's trademarks.
- Liaise with colleagues and external counsel to ensure local compliance with data protection legislation.
- Maintain and manage a five year diary.
- Assist with preparation of and distribution of internal reports.
- Liaise with Director of Corporate, Legal and Finance and the Group Legal and Development Executive to manage relationships with external legal advisors, especially regarding cost control.
- Review all legal invoices
What you'll need to succeed
A England & Wales qualified solicitor with a minimum of 5 years PQE, at least 3 of which was gained in private practice at a well-known reputable law firm. You must also be computer literate with good Microsoft Office skills.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.