Conference Center Technology
New York, NY
Our Conference Center consists of 60,000 square feet of conference space which is used for high level, fast paced meetings, depositions, video conferences and large events. The candidate must know their craft and instill confidence by remaining calm in high-pressure situations, while focusing on the task at hand. Candidate must meet or exceed the expectations of the users of the NY Conference Center by preparing for their meeting in advance, and understanding the technical requirements. Ability to interact professionally with all levels of firm personnel to ensure the seamless and timely execution of meetings, training sessions and special events. Other responsibilities include a thorough understanding of the firm's hardware and software platforms for troubleshooting and configuration.
This position requires strong people skills due to the high-level clients that we serve such as share partners and clients. This position will report to the NY Conference Technology Supervisor. The candidate must have excellent customer service skills and must be able to provide white glove service to all users of the conference center. The candidate must establish and maintain effective, courteous relationships with customers and team members. Always speak and act with the customer in mind!
Strong analytical reasoning and AV troubleshooting skills are a plus. Individual must also possess excellent judgment regarding local Conference Technology matters. Must be able to assess situations quickly and proactively to ensure customer/client satisfaction. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary in addition to having a strong customer service commitment.
The candidate's responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Support the day-to-day Conference Center Technology operational needs.
- Assist the NY conference technology supervisor with organizing and documenting all aspect of Conference technology.
- Help keep documentation on all maintenance activities including any equipment changes and incident reports.
- Set up audio conferences (microphones, sound systems, speakerphones, conference calls)
- Set up and maintain visiting attorney offices.
- Set up presentation equipment (LCD projectors, screens, videos)
- Laptops (webcasts, network connections)
- Become proficient on the operation of Company's Crestron program.
- Ensure daily that all onsite Conference Center Technology systems are fully functional.
- Perform system maintenance as scheduled and work with vendors as required.
- Exhibit helpful, customer service-oriented attitude with team members and end-users.
- Remain calm yet communicate (and act) with sense of urgency when end-user has an urgent matter requiring resolution.
- General knowledge and troubleshooting of the firm's standard hardware such as laptop and related programs.
- General knowledge and troubleshooting of the firm's standard applications such as Outlook 2016 and Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Retains knowledge and stays current on the firm's procedures and guidelines that affect technology usage and support requirements.
- Test with external sites prior to meeting (ideally in the same video conference room as meeting)
- Coordinate with meeting host to confirm full understanding of what they are trying to achieve during their meeting.
- Daily systems room checks to ensure all of technical features are running at optimum prior to room usage.
- Provide immediate response to client requests for assistance.
- Maintain confidentiality in all client and firm matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 2-4 years of AV experience in a conference center environment.
- Must have a current InfoComm CTS certification and maintained during employment.
- Exceptional customer service abilities.
- Superior oral and written communication and problem-solving/strategizing skills.
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds and able to move freely within the workplace.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new systems and procedures/stay current with AV technology.
- Flexibility in daily work hours to meet the conference client's needs, including weekends.
- Ability to read A/V drawings for tier one troubleshooting.
- Effective production support activities, including advanced business and technical writing.
- Excellent command of business knowledge.
- Ability to solicit input from internal and external sources, including the ability to investigate and incorporate best practices from other corporations, experience and sound judgment.
- Knows when to escalate issues based on impact.
- Does "whatever it takes" to support the tactical and strategic goals of the team and in the Firm.
- Has the courage to accept difficult relationship scenarios and regularly negotiates win-win solutions for all involved.
- Team player, but can lead when required.
- Managing change management development, including team development and strategic change programs.
- Affects change within sphere of influence.
- Frequently leads development of new improvements.
- Contributes individually or through others on complex issues or initiatives.
- Basic understanding of how components work together inside of system
- Proficient in basic PC troubleshooting
POSITION SPECIFIC SKILLS:
- Basic proficiency in core application suite.
- Basic PC troubleshooting skills.
- Able to set up and operate AV systems.
- Able to troubleshoot AV systems and diagnose routine issues.
- Able to perform routine maintenance on AV equipment.
- Able to maintain documentation on equipment maintenance.
- Stays current on the state of the AV industry.
- Capable of developing event workflow plans.
- Stays current with the state of the AV/video industry.